Monday, October 8, 2007

Yuck

So, the first day of class is over, I'm in my hotel room at the Hampton Inn waiting for the clock to turn seven so I can meet a few collagues for dinner. Meanwhile, someone is changing my bed. When I sat on the bed I noticed several (many severals actually)long dark hairs on the white comforter. Ok, not the worst sanitation offense in history, but, when I turned the comforter down to hide the hair while I waited for the front desk to send up fresh bedding, I saw (I hope you've eaten your dinner) a blood stain on the sheet! Not a drop, but a stain about 2-inches in diameter.

This is not acceptable. Obviously nobody changed the bedding after the last occupant checked out. And by the looks of the stain they may have checked out in more ways than one.

It took the young Asain man who just left my room about 10 minutes to change the bedding, but he was good-natured and appologetic so all's forgiven.

I just hope I can forget the image of my bed before appetizers arrive.

2 comments:

Charles said...

wow that is probably one of the most disgusting things I have ever heard... or read in this instance.

Shielagh said...

Well, I have been dutifully checking your blog everyday for quite some time now. I've been expecting an update since you got your variance... but nothing...
So I'll have to congratulate you some other time :)