Tuesday, April 24, 2007

First Blah

You'd think with my interest in writing that I'd have started a blog a long time ago, but what's kept me from doing it until now is my impression that blogs are, for the most part, a forum for narcissistic wind bags who have either run out of minutes on their cell phones, or thrive pathetically on the comments others post about them and their menial endeavors.

But my impression is changing. And I really don't want to be left behind. After all, I wouldn't be hip (blah blah blah) if I didn't have a blah blah blog.

I'm sure you don't believe that any more than I do, and I really am interested in hearing from you, despite my cynical ramblings and meanspirited cat-kicking nature.

Anyone want to talk about stocks? The advatages of living in the Charlotte metro area instead of wherever it is you happen to live? Why it's illegal for landscape contractors to hire American workers?

:)

8 comments:

Audry said...

I wanna talk about all that stuff!

B_Rad_389 said...

i dont really need to know y its good to live in Charlotte cuz i dont plan on doing so. i just wanna know about the contractors not hiring americans...are they only allowed to hire mexicans or what?

Jeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff said...

You'd think so by the looks of their crews. There's a lot of landscaping firms around here and I don't think I've once seen a worker that wasn't Latino. One day last fall our apartment's landscaping company was here doing fall clean up, and I counted no fewer than 16 amigos running around outside our apartment. Not one American or other nationality.

I don't care who works for the landscapers, I just wonder why white boys don't do landscaping. At least around here.

Where DO you plan on moving to, homeboy?

B_Rad_389 said...

uhh... greenville?

16 amigos, huh? i think the reason is that the "amigos" arent PAID...that makes it a little cheaper... labor laws dont apply to mexicans its probably in the laws somewhere...or the twenty-eighth amendment maybe.

Jeff said...

I think you've nailed it. They work cheap. And they don't mind hard, dirty, hot work, unlike a lot of Americans these days.

Jeff said...

Greenville, Brad? I had heard you might be going to BJ but I didn't know it was certain. Or are you talking about your family's move south in general. If so, I didn't realize your parents had definitely settled on Greenville.

Melissa Cooper Jackson said...

anytime you want to talk stocks call us! we;re thinking of starting an investment club